NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of successful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software.
NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
* Fixed context menu not disappearing when moving from instfiles page (bug
* Fixed WinVer.nsh's detection of Windows 98 and ME (reported on the forum)
* Fixed WriteUninstaller failure to overwrite read-only uninstallers (bug
* Licensed lzma under CPL with a special exception, instead of LGPL
* Minor documentation updates and fixes (including bug #1584618, bug
* Updated comments in MUI examples (bug #1595500)
* Added 'highest' option for RequestExecutionLevel
* Added Uzbek translation
* Fixed corruption in Lithuanian (bug #1602673)
* Minor Breton fixes
* Slovenian corrections (patch #1590108)
* Added Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express support
* SCons requirement upgraded to 0.96.93