CudaText is a cross-platform text editor that provides an array of plugins to support features such as code snippets, color picker, and macros. The app even comes with a simple module to help in the development of new plugins as well.
Key Features include:
- Code folding.
- Code tree structure.
- Find/Replace with regex.
- Plugins in Python language. Plugins can do lot of things.
- Configs in JSON. Lexer specific configs.
- Tabbed UI.
- Split each tab.
- Split view for 2/3/4/6 files.
- Simple auto-completion (fixed list) for some Lexers.
- Command palette (ST3 style).
- Minimap (ST3 style).
- Show unprinted whitespace.
- Support for many encodings.
- Customizable hotkeys.
CudaText has some great features for developers, such as syntax highlighting and HTML/ CSS support, with autocompletion, HTML color codes underline, picture viewing, code folding, and code tree structure etc.
In conclusion, CudaText is a solid Notepad replacement app that has some powerful functions tucked away. It is lightweight and easy to learn and use.
Add: New options for caret shape: "caret_view", "caret_view_ovr", "caret_view_ro"
Add: Caret shape(s) can have height bigger than full cell, e.g. 140%
Change: Deleted options "caret_shape", "caret_shape_ovr", "caret_shape_ro"
Add: Improved lexer Markdown (highlighted math blocks, table chars; fixed definition lists)