Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries.
System Requirements: Audacity runs best with at least 1 GB RAM and a 1 GHz processor (2 GB RAM/2 GHz on OS X 10.7 or later). Where Audacity is to be used for lengthy multi-track projects, we recommend a minimum of 2 GB RAM and 2 GHz processor (4 GB RAM on OS X 10.7 or later).
# Much improved Noise Reduction effect replaces Noise Removal.
# Lots of other improvements to effects, including:
- VST: FXB preset banks, hosting multiple plugins
- All effects can now be used in Chains, and can be sorted on name, publisher, or class.
- Most Nyquist effects now have Preview button.
# Redesigned Meter Toolbars show a lot more information in smaller area.
# Spectral Selection in Spectrogram view.