WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Logging warning when system option Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time is disabled.
- Reduced chance of collision in .NET assembly session instance name in multi-threaded applications.
- Bug fix: Console input/output was not using UTF-8 encoding on Windows 8.
- Bug fix: Connection gets aborted when TLS/SSL certificate uses ASN.1 GeneralizedTime format.
- Bug fix: Connection gets aborted without any feedback when TLS/SSL certificate cannot be decoded.
- Bug fix: Failure when send buffer of FTP connection is temporarily full.
- Bug fix: External changes to local directory are sometimes not shown on the local panel.
- Bug fix: WinSCP child process was not terminated when process using WinSCP .NET assembly crashed.
- Bug fix: For various errors when cleaning up application configuration, a resource number was shown instead of an actual error message.
- Bug fix: Directory listing was included in transfer error messages with FTP protocol.
- Bug fix: Failure while (or after) creating directory during synchronized browsing.
- Bug fix: Directory masks in autoselection rule of transfer settings preset were not working.
- Bug fix: Failure when manipulating location profiles folders.
- Bug fix: Up to one second delay for transfer of every file with FTP over TLS/SSL.
- Bug fix: Rare incorrect conversion of line endings.
- Bug fix: Timestamps of local files are not shifted when DST starts/finishes on Windows 2008 R2.
- Bug fix: File name was not shown on Progress window when deleting local files.
- Bug fix: Error when downloading empty file/directory using FTPS via proxy.
- Bug fix: Suspend All and Resume all queue commands were not working unless any queue item had focus.
- Bug fix: Color of a directory tree border was not updated in some cases.
- Bug fix: Size of externally removed local selected files is detracted twice from total file size of selected files shown on status bar.
- Bug fix: Failure when disconnecting a session.
- Bug fix: FTPS upload over proxy truncates files.