Mumble is an open source voice chat application for groups. While it can be used for any kind of activity, it is primarily intended for gaming. It can be compared to programs like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak. Host your own server, let users create and manage channels for games and teams or record your own talks.
There are two modules in the Mumble package: the client (Mumble) and the server (Murmur). The superior audio quality comes in large parts from Speex, a high quality voice codec and DSP library for echo cancellation and denoising.
- Low latency and low bandwidth usage
- Brilliant voice quality (speech preprocessing and noise cancellation)
- Echo removal
- Positional audio (determine players' locations in supported games with your ears)
- ACL for users
- Text-to-speech (hear program's and server's status updates)
# Changes in this release:
* OpenSSL in our binary packages have been updated to 1.0.2k.
* Murmur’s -limits command will now print output as it runs, instead of at exit.