7-Zip is a file archiver utility application with a high compression ratio to help you extract compressed files and create your own compressed files in several different formats.
7-Zip Key Features Include:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression.
- Supported packing / unpacking formats: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR.
- Supported formats for unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.
- Compression ratio for ZIP and GZIP formats: 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip.
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats.
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format.
- Integration with Windows Shell.
- Powerful File Manager.
- Powerful command line version.
- Plugin for FAR Manager.
- Localizations for 74 languages.
This is the 32-bit version of the application.
The speed for LZMA/LZMA2 compressing was increased by 3-10% and there are minor changes in compression ratio.
Some bugs were fixed.
The bug in 7-Zip 18.02-18.05 was fixed: there was memory leak in xz decoder.
7-Zip 18.02-18.05 used only one CPU thread for bz2 archive creation.