SugarSync provides a cloud storage service, which is both versatile and offers affordable plans. The SugarSync app has features and functions that are similar to apps like Dropbox.
The app provides all of the options and features you are going to need to backup all your files and restore them. You can upload numerous files types including music, video and .exe files, but there are a few exceptions (Outlook .pst, Microsoft Money, short-cuts, Microsoft Office .tmp, database files, program directories).
Key Features Include:
- On-line collaboration via folder sharing.
- File security provided by 'read-only' access.
- Public links: provide one-time download access to your files (No SugarSync account required).
- Remote editing capability.
- Mobile device support.
- Microsoft Outlook compatibility: SugarSync links files and tracks downloads via Exchange Server.
- Admin dashboard: Access control, storage space limits and activity log configuration.
The app lets you backup single files or folders. The only downside is the initial backup may take a long time, depending on the combined size of your files. After this, SugarSync automatically backs up any files that you work on.
SugarSync provides industry-standard secure (SSL 3.3) transport layer security data encryption and handshake protocols during both uploads and downloads over the Internet for your security.
Fixed a scenario that would delete files.
Fixed another memory leak.
Fixed a high CPU situation.
Fixed multiple crashes.
Cleaned up unnecessary entries in log files.