WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Translations updated: Dutch, Hungarian, Kabyle, Korean, Polish and Spanish.
Back-propagated some improvements and fixes from 5.14-5.14.2 beta releases:
TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2q.
XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.6.
Bug fix: Using /ini=nul in GUI shows an error.
Bug fix: Sort arrow is not shown on start up.
Bug fix: When dragging files to other session tabs, drag cursor could change to “Move”, although only “Copy” is possible.
Bug fix: Remembered passphrase is used as a password in generated script/code.
Bug fix: Failure when cancelling session reconnect.
Bug fix: GUI freezes while executing an extension with ShowResultsInMsgBox or CopyResults flags.
Bug fix: Ctrl+Shift+Alt+? keyboard shortcuts for custom commands and extensions were not working.
Bug fix: User name edit box on Login dialog in some cases does not include modification commands (like Paste).
Bug fix: Opening context menu of a file in a local panel locks a parent folder of the file.