WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Help border button is available on message boxes.
- Suppressing critical error popups when creating jumplist.
- Saving configuration, including master password, immediately after setting/clearing one.
- Bug fix: Fragments in Help links were not working.
- Bug fix: Failure when pressing Shift key in console prompt with winscp.com.
- Bug fix: Cannot open context menu on another list or tree entry or different view location, while another context menu of the same view is already opened.
- Bug fix: SSH vulnerability.
- Bug fix: Timeout prompt sometime never dismisses, even when host finally replies, with SFTP/SCP protocol.
- Bug fix: Redundant reading of directory contents before file download when MLSD is in use.
- Bug fix: Failure when starting with default session settings having a password set protected with master password.