The free video editor Avidemux comes with a well selected feature set to get your cutting, filtering and encoding tasks done. It reads and writes many file types (AVI, DVD, MPEG, MP4, ASF, MKV) and comes with a variety of common codecs and filters. Avidemux automates your tasks by creating projects and putting them into the job queue.
- Non-linear video editing
- Apply filters and effects
- Transcode into various formats
- Insert or extract audio streams
- Subtitle processor
- Project system
- Powerful scripting capabilities
- Graphical or command line interfaces
- Video encoders: MPEG-4 AVC, XviD, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2 Video, MPEG-1 Video, DV, ...
- Audio encoders: AC-3, AAC, MP3, MP2, Vorbis, PCM, ...
- Container: AVI, MPEG-PS/TS, MP4, MKV, FLV, OGM, ...
- [MKV] Fix seeking in h264
- [TS/H264] Split on NALU boundaries, it was off by one byte
- [TS/AAC] Add support for AAC/LC/SBR
- [MOV/MP4] Correct management of PCM/8Bits audio track
- [Images] Fixed import of bmp and jpg
- [Build] Support for newer cmake
- [Build] Better RPM generation
- [Auto/PSP] Fixed scripts