WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
# Distinguishing main question/information of even more messages.
# Detecting symbolic link loops when finding files. 1093
# Remembering Synchronized browsing state with site only when Remember last used directory is enabled. 963
# New installer icon.
# Visualizing instant operations (such as copying data to clipboard or creating a desktop shortcut) with hourglass mouse cursor.
# Showing full path to an INI file on Preferences dialog.
# Not allowing to switch from /ini=nul configuration storage to avoid data loss.
# Improved display of lists on Server and protocol information dialog.
# Bug fix: During reconnect user was prompted with password even when password was remembered already.
# Bug fix: Option to remember password for session was not working for authentication of background transfers and separate shell sessions.
# Bug fix: Removing BOM on text mode FTP uploads was unconditional