The free video editor Avidemux comes with a well selected feature set to get your cutting, filtering and encoding tasks done. It reads and writes many file types (AVI, DVD, MPEG, MP4, ASF, MKV) and comes with a variety of common codecs and filters. Avidemux automates your tasks by creating projects and putting them into the job queue.
- Non-linear video editing
- Apply filters and effects
- Transcode into various formats
- Insert or extract audio streams
- Subtitle processor
- Project system
- Powerful scripting capabilities
- Graphical or command line interfaces
- Video encoders: MPEG-4 AVC, XviD, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2 Video, MPEG-1 Video, DV, ...
- Audio encoders: AC-3, AAC, MP3, MP2, Vorbis, PCM, ...
- Container: AVI, MPEG-PS/TS, MP4, MKV, FLV, OGM, ...
*Restored AC3 and MP2 encoding (regression introduced 2.5.5)
*Added support for latest x264 core
*Better compatibility with some FLV files
*Updated the FFmpeg libraries (version 0.9)
*Drag-and-drop no longer blocks source application for Qt interface
*Resolved Windows XP 32-bit stability issues (regression introduced 2.5.5)
*Windows 7 taskbar now displays encoding progress
*Improved crash reporting on Windows especially Win64
*Compilation fixes for OS X Snow Leopard and Lion (thanks to nibbles)
*Various minor fixes and enhancements