Devart T4 Editor for Visual Studio 2008 is a powerful Visual Studio add-in for editing T4 templates with syntax highlighting, intellisense, code outlining, and all features of a quality text editor add-in. It performs well and and makes creating T4 templates a breeze.
Key Features include:
- Intellisense:Provides comprehensive intellisense including all Visual Studio C# and Visual Basic intellisense features, including tooltips, code completion, and parameter info. It additionally supports a completion list for template directives. T4 Editor intellisense lists all available C# classes and members.
- Syntax Highlighting:Highlights template directives, C# and Visual Basic code. You can distinguish text from the function calls easily. Colors and Fonts for templates can be customized like in any other Visual Studio code editor.
- Goto:Allows you to navigate to definitions and declarations of objects and members if they are present in the template file or included files.
- Include:Supports multi-level template inclusion. All classes from included templates are available in intellisense, and you can navigate to them with Go To menu commands.
- OutliningSupports the fast and convenient code folding feature. A capability to hide or display T4 control blocks makes it easier to understand and edit T4 templates.
- Editor Customization:You can enable or disable intellisense, word wrapping, virtual whitespace, line numbers, etc. You can also change fonts and colors for syntax highlighting.
- IndentingProvides customizable and intelligent indenting; without the need to manually add spaces or tab characters.
- Code Formatting:Supports automatic template formatting.
- Support for Large Templates:Provides high performance when parsing and editing templates.
- Entity Developer:T4 Editor for Visual Studio 2008 is also available as a part of Entity Developer; a powerful modeling and code generation tool for ADO.NET Entity Framework, NHibernate, LinqConnect, and LINQ to SQL.
System Requirements:Devart T4 Editor for Visual Studio 2008 requires Visual Studio 2008 to be installed.