UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
This is the 32-bit version.
- repair drives action was added to the GUI menu
- displaying the cluster map legend from the help menu was added
- cluster map scaling was forced to be more accurate
- GUI options verification was added
- a bug causing "wrong map detected" error was fixed
- ability to analyze, optimize and quick optimize drive from Explorer context menu added
- relative log paths support added to both GUI and console interface
- support of Unicode strings added to GUI options
- encoding of language packs changed to UTF-8
- status bar MFT string removed from translations, since it is nearly impossible to translate due to space issues
- handbook section about bug reporting reworked to include detailed steps
- the following translations were updated:
> Hebrew, Bosanski
- Internals: make-mingw-projects.lua script added
- WgxCreateProcess and WgxCreateThread routines added to wgx library
- winx_flush_dbg_log routine added to zenwinx library
- udefrag_flush_dbg_log routine added to udefrag library
- os.setenv routine added to Lua library
- WgxBuildResourceTable, WgxSetText, WgxGetResourceString prototypes changed as well as WGX_I18N_RESOURCE_ENTRY structure definition
- unsafe IncreaseGoogleAnalyticsCounterAsynch routine removed from wgx library