NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of successful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software.
NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
* Added WinCore.nsh, WinDef.nsh, WinError.nsh, WinNT.nsh and WinUser.nsh
for more useful Windows definitions
* Fixed a crash caused by !packhdr compressing resources (bug #2533431)
* Minor documentation improvements (including bug #2564005)
* Modern UI 2: Fixed MUI_DIRECTORYPAGE_BGCOLOR (bug #2494528)
Utilities and Plug-ins
* Banner: Fixed installer showing on the background when Banner was used in
* MakeNSISW: Added Ctrl+K hotkey for build cancelation (RFE #2557392)
* nsDialogs: Added NSD_SetIcon (patch #2500960)
* Added Esperanto
* Bulgarian fixes
* Added VS2008 project files
* Better installation of header and library files under POSIX - see INSTALL
file for more information
* Header and library files were moved to a subdirectory named nsis to
* RegisterPluginCallback now returns int instead of BOOL for a wider range
of error reporting
* Added fink's mingw prefixes (bug #2495138)
* Fixed BOOL build issue on OS X (bug #2497290)
* Fixed iconv dependency detection on OS X (bug #2494539)
* Fixed Solaris builds (patch #2497172)