Zoom Player Home 8.7 Beta 33
To that end, Zoom Player employs a slick and simple user interface, combined with easy to access features while at the same time providing advanced control dialogs over every feature imaginable.
Zoom Player was designed from the ground up to load quick, take as little system resources as possible, provide user feedback/direction as appropriate and maintain as much isolation from other applications and system components as not to undermine overall stability.
Zoom Player Home remains Free for Non-Commercial use.
- New "Automatically restore the previously active subtitle track on replay" Play History setting.
- New "Automatically restore the previously active audio track on replay" Play History setting.
- A 'New Folder' function has been added to the Media Library and File browsing fullscreen navigation interfaces.
- New Smart Play profiles for H.265 and VP9.
- The Microsoft Windows TV '.WTV' file extension is now supported by Smart Play using the 'MPEG2 Program' Smart Play profile.
- New Comm API message #0120, used to request the monitor layout.
- New Comm API message #0130, used to request available audio devices.
- New Comm API message #0132, used to set the active audio device.
- New Comm API message #0134, used to request the active audio device.
- New Comm API message #0142, used to set the active video renderer.
- New Comm API message #0144, used to request the active video renderer.
- Incomplete AVI files can now be played using LAV Filters as the source filter, making the 'Gabest AVI Splitter' filter obsolete (and no longer available for download through the install center).
- The Shift+"A" and Alt+"A" keyboard macros for opening the audio decoding filter configuration dialog have been merged into the Alt+"A" macro.
- Windows 8.1 multi-monitor DPI is now supported, the Zoom Player user interface will maintain its correct size and sharpness regardless of the monitor's DPI setting.
- When the multi part file loader feature is set to 'Automatic Match', playing a file with a name comprised only of numbers that converts to a very high value, triggered a crash.
- After the operating system has been up for more than 25 days, the mouse double-click functions in the fullscreen navigation interface would cease working.
- Double-clicking the 'previous directory' icon in the media library and file browsing fullscreen navigation interfaces could automatically select a file or folder in the parent directory.
- The "SPACE" button on the virtual keyboard did not work when the text carrot was at the end of the line.
- Clicking too quickly on the virtual keyboard keys would type in the same character twice.
- The Smart Play profile for OPUS audio is now using the LAV Audio Decoder by default as the DC-Bass decoder did not properly support all OPUS files.
- DVD that contain disc titles with invalid file name characters now properly save any disc-specific information (such as resume from last position).
- Going up a folder from the fullscreen station navigation function interface would not work correctly and could lead to a crash.
- Opening a web page will now cover the entire display area, ignoring aspect ratio settings.