Sumo Paint is one of a few self-contained online image editing sites that boasts its own in-house community in addition to its image design, creation and photo editing features. It has a vast palette of tools to choose from and has more shape and layering choices than other paint-oriented image editing Web apps.
Sumo Paint is a full featured photo editing/painting Web app that works directly from your web browser. It can be used from Windows, Mac OS X or Linux operating systems. The only requirement for Sumo Paint to run is Flash Player must be installed.
Key features include:
- Brushes. Sumo Paint has a great selection of unique brushes available.
- Color Picker. With Color Picker you can switch between the foreground and background colors and also type in the color as a hexadecimal value.
- Filters. Sumo Paint has powerful filters that allows you to manipulate your images in many ways. They use highly complex algorithms to create impressive effects.
- Gravity. The Gravity option smoothes the drawn line to curves, making it easy to create abstract and beautiful artwork. It is available in Symmetry, Brush and Eraser tools.
- Shape Trails. This creates ghost trails for the shape given, creating an interesting and cool effect. Shape trail is available in Line and Curve tools and in all the shape tools excluding the Custom Shape Tool.
- Smudge Tool. The Smudge Tool can be used with the following blending modes: Normal, Lighten, Darken. Finger Paint mode paints with selected color but also creates the effect.
- Lasso Tool. The Lasso Tool is for selecting areas of the image. Selection is made with freehand drawing and multiple areas can be selected by holding down SHIFT button or by changing Selection Mode to Add to Selection from Options bar.
- Zoom Blur. The Zoom Blur allows you to create a blur effect with zoom-in motion trails.
Sumo Paint’s interface is well organized and has several tabs that are arranged by function range. If you need to adjust levels, brightness, saturation, color balance, temperature or automatically optimize your work, simply click on the ‘Adjustments’ tab. If you need to undertake any layer-related tasks, such as functions, filters, layers and image proportions you just navigate to to the ‘Layers’ tab.
Sumo Paint’s import and export options are fairly limited. That having been said, you can open photos and images saved from your computer or from a site URL, but you are unable to share your work directly from the interface to any social media etc. You can, however, save finished images and photos to your Sumo Paint account or computer and emailed accordingly.
Overall, Sumo Paint is almost as capable and equipped as its software-based counterparts for paint functionality and image design and creation. Sumo Paint is both expansive and comprehensive. It is easy to use, has a feature rich interface that can be navigated by users of all levels of expertise. Unfortunately, Sumo Paint lacks the photo sharing and social networking site integration functionality, which some of its main counterparts have.
We don't have any change log information yet for version Paint of Sumo Paint. Sometimes publishers take a little while to make this information available, so please check back in a few days to see if it has been updated.
Can you help?
If you have any change log info you can share with us, we'd love to hear from you! Head over to our Contact page and let us know.