NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of successful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software.
NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
* Support for Microsoft's upcoming release of Windows 7 has been added
based on RC1 testing and documentation. Please report any related issues
and don't forget to use RequestExecutionLevel.
* Added support for Windows 7 installers - use RequestExecutionLevel, just
like with Vista (bug #2725883)
* Added WinVer.nsh Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 support
* Installers now identify as Terminal Services aware
(IMAGE_DLLCHARACTERISTICS_TERMINAL_SERVER_AWARE) so $WINDIR will no
longer be under the user's profile when installing on Terminal Services
* Less UAC annoyance in Add/Remove control panel (bug #2697027)
* Added wildcard and /nonfatal suppport for !delfile (RFE #1505425)
* Fixed !searchparse (bug #2680110)
* Fixed input validation for CreateFont (bug #2801024)
* Fixed NSIS Menu handling of working directory (bug #2781948)
* Fixed Vista issues with shell folders ($DOCUMENTS, $PROFILE, etc.) on
root directories (bug #2138075)
* Minor documentation improvements (including bug #2705878, bug #2606525)
* Use SW_SHOWDEFAULT for ExecShell by default (bug #2796189)
* Call finish page show function only after the page is fully initialized
* Fixed translation of uninstaller directory page (bug #2690112)
* Fixed installation type text position in components page (patch #2801317)
* Fixed missing MUI_INNERTEXT_COMPONENTS_DESCRIPTION_TITLE (bug #2788620)
* Updated Indonesian (patch #2790571)
* Updated Portuguese BR (patch #2642542)
* Fixed some GCC warnings