Audacity 1.3.9 Beta
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
- And more!
* Crash, slow launch or excessive CPU/memory use arising from automatic VST support:
o VST instrument plug-ins should now be correctly ignored
o VST effects now scanned only at start of first session that detects them, then cached
o Effects are now not loaded or opened until needed
o New "Effects" tab in Preferences to enable/disable VST effects and enable VST rescan on next launch
* Default View Mode now works
* Chains now always apply their stored parameters rather than those last used in Effect menu
* Non-MP3 files imported via drag or Recent Files caused crash if filter in file open window set to MP3
* AAC exports (using the optional FFmpeg library) silenced
* Generating audio always fitted the project in the window; fit now done only if generating in new track
* View menu items/shortcuts incorrectly disabled when playing or recording
* DTMF generator defaulted to zero duration on open
* Unwanted interactions between linked audio and label tracks
* (Windows XP) Failure to launch on some machines due to "incorrect configuration" issue
* (Windows) Crash importing a stereo file while a screen reader such as JAWS is running
* (Mac OS X) :
o Audio Units effects applied to all tracks in project even if not selected
o QuickTime importer now handles files greater than 16-bit or 64000 Hz
* Various other interface bugs
* Compressor: new option to compress based on peaks, improved attack and decay time support
* Mixer Board: improved design, more responsive meters and now interacts fully with Track Panel in main window