TV-Browser is a java-based TV guide* that can be extended with an array of various plugins. You can also customize it with different icons and skins to make it look and feel more like your paper TV guide.
TV-Browser retrieves the daily TV program schedule from the Internet and displays it in a clear and concise manner, just like a printed version. An internet connection is only necessary during the data update.
- Electronic TV guide.
- More than 1000 (mostly German and European) TV stations.
- More than 100 radio channels.
- Remote control of hardware and software.
- Extensible with plug-ins.
- Configurable with skins and icon sets.
Overall, TV-Browser is a great app that provides information on more than 1000 channels. Thankfully, it contains no advertisements and is open source. It is customizable through skins, icons and various plugins and it runs on every system with the Java runtime environment installed.
*You can not use TV-Browser to watch TV.
* Allow deletion/reminder change for multiple favorites
* Make first day of week configurable
* Allow usage of filter to determine picture showing
* Preselect channels based on user country/language
* Prevent buttons in ConfiAssistant to be hidden
* Add whole term search as search option
* Allow separators in channel list
* Mark filters as broken if it contains broken filter components
* Single channel filter lost at removing of channel
* Plugin selection for picture settings mostly empty
* Provide restart after changing of plugin picture settings
* Allow plugins to add additional information to programs
* Allow different download ranges for manual and automatic update
* Allow deletion of data plugins from context menu
* Add auto update to channel list with user info