TV-Browser is a java-based TV guide* that can be extended with an array of various plugins. You can also customize it with different icons and skins to make it look and feel more like your paper TV guide.
TV-Browser retrieves the daily TV program schedule from the Internet and displays it in a clear and concise manner, just like a printed version. An internet connection is only necessary during the data update.
- Electronic TV guide.
- More than 1000 (mostly German and European) TV stations.
- More than 100 radio channels.
- Remote control of hardware and software.
- Extensible with plug-ins.
- Configurable with skins and icon sets.
Overall, TV-Browser is a great app that provides information on more than 1000 channels. Thankfully, it contains no advertisements and is open source. It is customizable through skins, icons and various plugins and it runs on every system with the Java runtime environment installed.
*You can not use TV-Browser to watch TV.