NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of successful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software.
NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
* Added MultiUser - installer configuration for multi-user Windows
* More user friendly corrupted installer message (RFE #1795426)
* Switched all examples to Modern UI 2
* Fixed uninitialized memory leaking into resources (bug #1874297)
* Minor documentation improvements (including bug #1861941, bug #1883917)
* Modern UI 2: Fit images in welcome/finish page by default and fix support
for MUI_(UN)WELCOMEFINISHPAGE_BITMAP_NOSTRETCH (bug #1875945)
* Modern UI 2: Fixed default finish page reboot selection (bug #1864690)
* Modern UI 2: Fixed MUI_STARTMENU_GETFOLDER (bug #1864507)
* Modern UI 2: Fixed unreferenced mui.StartMenuPage.Create warning (bug
* New simplified code for installation of VisualBasic 6 runtime
* Simplified NSIS Menu providing easier access to all documentation
Utilities and Plug-ins
* Added keyboard cues support for LINK controls in nsDialogs (patch
* Fixed a rare nsDialogs crash on Windows 98 with non-standard builds of
nsDialogs (bug #1889720)