AMD Catalyst Drivers Vista 64 10.2 Vista 64
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 64-bit version of Vista.
# New Features
* ATI Catalystâ„¢ application profiles for ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ supported configurations
This release of ATI Catalystâ„¢ delivers support for the latest ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ profiles in a separate executable file, ensuring users have access to the absolute latest set of profiles installed on their PC.
> The ATI Catalystâ„¢ 10.2 package includes the fully qualified ATI Catalystâ„¢ 10.2 application profile list (which includes all ATI CrossFireX profiles) and is installed by default
> The latest application profile list is posted on amd.com in a separate .exe file that users can install to get the absolute latest application profiles (that have not yet been added to the official ATI Catalystâ„¢ release)
* ATI Catalystâ„¢ support for PowerPlayâ„¢ on ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ technology supported configurations
Significant power saving benefits for users with ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5900 Series, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 Series setup in ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ configurations.
> Automatically enabled in the ATI Catalystâ„¢ driver for Windows® 7 and Windows Vista
> Sets secondary GPU(s) engine and memory clocks to low levels and reduces voltage when the GPU(s) are not in use
* ATI Catalystâ„¢ support for DisplayPort audio
This release of ATI Catalystâ„¢ provides support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels.
* Support for ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ on Eyefinity configurations
The ATI Catalystâ„¢ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups.
Supported on the ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 Series, and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5600 Series.
# Performance Improvements
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalystâ„¢ 10.2:
* DiRT 2 â€“ Overall performance improves up to 8% on ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5970, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 series, and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 series products
* Battleforge â€“ CrossFire ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5870 performance improves up to 6%
* Unigine Heaven â€“ DirectX 9 CrossFire performance has improved significantly on ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5700 and ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5800 series products
* The Chronicles of Riddick â€“ Assault on Dark Athena â€“ Overall performance on ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 5970 improves up to 4%
# All Systems
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite for Windows. These include:
* Appropriate prompts will now pop up while creating Eyefinity group with DVI and display port devices in extended mode
* Creating an Eyefinity group on the non-primary display now functions properly
* Catalyst Control Center now responds properly and selection buttons are available when re-creating Eyefinity group
* [Catalyst Control Center] Hotkeys for rotations no longer disappear after disabling rotated Eyefinity mode
* With active display in clone mode, creating an Eyefinity group now functions properly and message prompting user to disable the extended desktop will now popup
* System will no longer freeze while accessing the UVD Decoder
* Intermittent grey screen or vertical line corruption may randomly appear on the screen
# Windows Vista
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite for Windows Vista. These include:
* SiSoftware Sandra 2010 STREAM benchmarks will now complete properly
* Resuming DVD or Blu-ray playback after sleep or hibernation no longer causes system to stop responding
* Desktop no longer flickers during fullscreen Blu-ray playback with dual-link display on some ASICs
* HDTV custom modes being added are now listed under the Desktop Area of the Display Desktop Properties in Catalyst Control Center
* Resume playback after sleep or hibernation no longer causes green block corruption on video
* Viewing 1080p videos with Adobe FlashPlayer no longer causes display driver to TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery)
* Catalyst installation log no longer report properly installed HDMI audio drivers as failed to install
# Windows 7
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite for Windows 7. These include:
* Flickering grass and white borders are no longer visible in Unigine "Heaven" benchmark in DirectX 9 mode
* Performance drop no longer visible on "Resident Evil 5" cinematics scenes
* Corruption no longer visible when viewing Unigine "Tropics" demo
* [Win7 32-bit] Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 now functions properly while dragged back and forth between the extended split display
* During HD playback, unplugging and hotplugging back the display connector no longer causes player to freeze and display incompatible graphics driver error message
* Performing rotation or resolution changes no longer causes the player to stop responding during H.264 HD content playback
* Pixelation in distant background lights no longer visible in "The Saboteur" game
* Enabling Catalyst A.I. in Catalyst Control Center no longer causes severe flickering in Ubisoft "R.U.S.E." beta game
* Enabling split screen demo mode now functions properly on WinDVD during Bluray content playback
* Corruption in specific chapters are no longer visible during "Resident Evil 5" gameplay
* System no longer fails and screen distortion no longer visible during Blu-ray content playback with 1680x1050 resolution
* Corruption no longer visible in "Resident Evil 5" during in game cut scenes with specific settings and HDR value set to high
* Fixed various identified memory leaks in CAL runtime
* Exiting "The Saboteur" game no longer causes the mouse cursor to freeze and the game to become unresponsive
* 120 Hz support is now available for all resolutions
* HDTV optimized modes will now appear under the desktop area tree view without a custom mode added first
* Resuming video playback after sleep/hibernation no longer causes black checkered video corruption or the system to stop responding
* Display will now enter power save mode properly