Audacity 1.3.10 Beta
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
- And more!
# Bug fixes for:
* Imports and Exports:
- Freeze importing audio files when Default View Mode set to Pitch (EAC)
- Simultaneous On-Demand imports sorted incorrectly
- WAV or AIFF files imported as noise if Preferences set to copy in the data at 24-bit quality
- WMA exports corrupted if they contained metadata
- Metadata Editor appeared before the Export window when exporting to any format
- Crash or hang using Equalization on longer tracks
- Reverse did not reverse clip boundaries
- Excessive memory consumption led to slow processing or crashes
- Values appearing in text boxes not always the default or previously entered values
- Errors running in European locales where comma used as decimal separator
- VST effects remained in Effect menu even when re-scanned and no longer available
- Truncate Silence produced incorrect results if silences spanned a block boundary
* Other bug fixes:
- Spurious "not writable/disk full" errors when saving projects
- Playing, rendering or exporting multiple tracks led to desynchronized playback or loss of audio data
- Crash opening Preferences when no recording and/or playback devices enabled or connected
- Preferences window: OK button did not respond to ENTER when a tab selected in left-hand panel
- Mixer Board solo button handling
- (Windows) After a period launching correctly, Audacity sometimes did not come up on top at launch
- (Mac OS X) Correctly installed Help folder could not be found
- (Mac OS X and Linux) Output slider could affect VU playback meter which then did not reflect actual waveform volume level
- (Linux) Undoing or redoing a label edit could cause a crash
# Changes and improvements:
- Linked audio and label tracks disabled until a future Beta version so they can be bug fixed
- Input volume slider will be disabled if it doesn't have proper control of system slider; use the system slider instead
- Proper support for copying/pasting label-with-audio including label text; new Edit > Paste Text to New Label menu item to paste system clipboard
- Contrast Tool now modeless, more intuitive handling of multiple project windows, various other minor improvements