Apache OpenOffice 2.0.3
Apache OpenOffice is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics and databases. The application is available in many languages and works on all common computers.
Apache OpenOffice is the result of over twenty years' software engineering. Designed from the start as a single piece of software, it has a consistency other products cannot match. A completely open development process means that anyone can report bugs, request new features, or enhance the software.
Easy to use
Apache OpenOffice is easy to learn, and if you're already using another office software package, you'll take to it straight away. The world-wide native-language community means that Apache OpenOffice is probably available and supported in your own language.
Best of all, Apache OpenOffice can be downloaded and used entirely free of any licence fees. Apache OpenOffice is released under the LGPL licence. This means you may use it for any purpose - domestic, commercial, educational, public administration.
Note: As of April 2011, commercial development of OpenOffice.org project has been terminated. The code was contributed to the Apache Software Foundation, where volunteers continue to develop it. LibreOffice, a fork of OpenOffice is now available for download here.
- Performance improvements: for example, a 23 percent improvement in certain Calc benchmarks
- Further improvements to file format compatibility with Microsoft Office files
- New email integration features for users wanting to send emails in Microsoft file formats
- More control over how exported PDF documents will display when opened in a PDF reader
- Support for more languages and improvements in hyphenation and thesaurus
- Support for Intel architecture for Mac OS X plus improved Mac OS X System integration
- Built-in check for updated versions