NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System) is a professional open source system to create Windows installers. It is designed to be as small and flexible as possible and is therefore very suitable for internet distribution.
Being a user's first experience with your product, a stable and reliable installer is an important component of successful software. With NSIS you can create such installers that are capable of doing everything that is needed to setup your software.
NSIS is script-based and allows you to create the logic to handle even the most complex installation tasks. Many plug-ins and scripts are already available: you can create web installers, communicate with Windows and other software components, install or update shared components and more.
Release Name: 2.30
NSIS 2.30 is released. This release brings you a beta of Modern UI 2 which,
among other things, now makes use of the now documented nsDialogs. As always,
you also get the bug fix and various improvements combo with no extra charge.
* This release includes a beta of Modern UI 2. Please report any issues and
* The format of Modern UI language files has been modified to better
support external strings. Private language files should be converted (and
submitted as a patch in the spirit of open source).
* Fixed a bug introduced in version 2.29 that caused invalid $SMPROGRAMS
value on Windows 98 (bug #1766268)
* Modern UI 2 beta: Simpler code, easier to extend and makes use of
* Added InstallOptions.nsh with relevant usage macros, based on the old
Modern UI macros
* Added LangFile.nsh allowing creation of langauge files that can be
included with a single command with defaults for missing strings (when
LANGFILE_DEFAULT is set)
* Added LB_ERR and CB_ERR to WinMessages.nsh (bug #1771644)
* Fixed CreateDirectory logging (patch #1768584)
* Fixed escaping of quotes with $\ in macros (bug #1713708)
* Minor documentation improvements
* Modern UI 1.80: New language files structure based on LangFile.nsh
* Modern UI 1.80: MUI_LANGDLL_DISPLAY now reads previous settings on silent
installations as well
* Modern UI 1.80: Added MUI_CUSTOMFUNCTION_MOUSEOVERSECTION (patch
Utilities and Plug-ins
* Various nsDialogs improvements including RTL support, more macros in
nsDialogs.nsh and initial documentation
* Catalan returns
* Danish corrections
* Slovak corrections (patch #1762627)
* More HPUX fixes (bug #1755148, bug #1753063, bug #1758873, patch
* Ignore known failing tests by default on POSIX