Mozilla Thunderbird makes e-mailing safer, faster, and easier with features such as intelligent spam filters, a built-in RSS reader, and quick search. Thunderbird was designed to prevent viruses and to stop junk mail.
Thunderbird includes tabbed e-mail, new search tools and indexing, smart folders, support for Firefox, a simplified setup wizard and robust junk protections that include phishing and spam filters.
Key Features Include:
- Tabbed email.
- An Archive feature similar to the one found in GMail.
- Lightning fast search.
- Smart folders.
Thunderbird has junk mail tools that have been updated to stay ahead of spam and features anti-phishing protection.
- A Menu Button is now shown to new users by default
- Tabs are now drawn in the title bar on Windows
- An issue causing spell-checking only parts of words in Thunderbird 16 is now fixed (790475)
- An issue causing Thunderbird 16 to repeatedly download emails is now fixed (806760)
- RSS feeds can now be viewed in the Wide View Layout (531397)
- Various fixes and performance improvements
- Various security fixes
- Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer supported