PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter developed and published by Sony Online Entertainment. PlanetSide 2 gameplay is based around open-world territory control and features large battles of up to 2000 players per continent.
The 3 contesting factions are the Terran Republic, the New Conglomerate, and the Vanu Sovereignty. Planetside 2 currently features 4 playable continents each with numerous territories to contest and take control of.Features Include:
- Massive open continents
- Land and Air Vehicles
- Up to 2000 active players per continent
- Class-based Combat
Planetside 2 provides 6 distinct classes with unique abilities and equipment;
- Heavy Assault – Rush into the battle ahead, guns blazing. You are the dedicated foot soldier of Auraxis.
- Light Assault – Go where the Heavies can’t with your short-burst jetpack. Pick a high spot, throw a grenade and surprise your foes!
- Combat Medic – Keep your fellow soldiers healed- it’s your job to revive fallen comrades.
- Infiltrator – Stealthy and silent, you are death from the shadows. Whether you choose a knife from behind or a single shot from sniper’s nest, you are the enemy’s greatest fear.
- Engineer – A crucial support class with the ability to repair important gear including vehicles, terminals, and turrets. Engineers can drop their own shielded turret and mow down advancing troops.
- MAX – Heavily armored, cannons for hands, and a disposition to match, you are the ruler of the battlefield and a walking mass of armored death.
Overall, Planetside 2 is a massive open-world game that with the potential for battles with hundreds of participating players. There is few games that can match the scale of battles that Planetside 2 can encompass. Planetside 2 is free to play and is supported by in-game purchases.