Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on MSN, talking to a friend on Google Talk, and sitting in a Yahoo chat room all at the same time.
Pidgin runs on Windows, Linux, and other UNIX operating systems.
Pidgin is compatible with the following chat networks out of the box: AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr. It can support many more with plugins.
Pidgin supports many features of these chat networks, such as file transfers, away messages, buddy icons, custom smilies, and typing notifications. Numerous plugins also extend Pidgin's functionality above and beyond the standard features.
Pidgin integrates with the system tray on Windows.
- purple-url-handler now works with Python 3.x
- Fixed an issue where transient startup statuses could be deleted
- The shout smile now matches the default theme
# Windows-Specific Changes
- Updates to dependencies:
* Cyrus SASL 2.1.26
* libxml2 2.9.2
* NSS 3.20.1 and NSPR 4.10.10
* Perl 5.20.1
* SILC 1.1.12
- Remove support for Tcl plugins
- Updated internal libgadu to version 1.12.1.
# Voice / Video
- GStreamer 1.0 support
- Bump farstream02 requirement to 0.2.7
- Other VV related changes required for the third-party SIPE plugin
- Fix for AIM when using gateway proxies
- Don't render smileys in the History plugin's headers.