MyDefrag (formerly JKDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/X64. Completely automatic and very easy to use, fast, low overhead, with several optimization strategies, and can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows.
Included are a Windows version, a commandline version (for scheduling by the task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts), a screensaver version, a DLL library (for use from programming languages), versions for Windows X64, and the complete sources.
Why use this defragger instead of the standard Windows defragger?
- Much faster.
- Totally automatic, extremely easy to use.
- Optimized for daily use.
- Disk optimization, several strategies.
- Directories are moved to the beginning of the disk.
- Reclaims MFT reserved space after disk-full.
- Maintains free spaces for temporary files.
- Can defragment very full harddisks.
- Can defragment very large files.
- Can defragment individual directories and files.
- Can be run automatically with the Windows Scheduler.
- Can be used from the commandline.
- Can be used as a screen saver.
- Can be run from cdrom or memory stick.
- Sources available, can be customized.
- Fixed a bug in the grammar of the MaxRunTime statement. It can now be used multiple times in a block, as intended.
- Added a logfile footer with the finishing time and total running time.
- Added ExcludeVolumes(CDRom(yes)) to the settings, to hide the cdroms in the the MyDefrag script chooser window.
- If MyDefrag is started with some volumes names ("MyDefrag.exe -v C: -v D:") then the script chooser now only displays those volumes.
- Added support for volume device names, for example "\Device\HarddiskVolume1".
- Added the ImportListFromProgramHints fileboolean.
- Added several options to WhenFinished, such as Hibernate, Standby, and WarnUsers.
- Fixed a problem in the calculation of the ZoneSize and ZoneBegin numbers.
- Changed the selection criteria of FastFill (more favor files high on the disk) to move less data and finish quicker.
- Changed the installer so the association between MyD scripts and a new version of MyDefrag is not deleted any more when an old version is uninstalled.
- Fixed a bug that could cause certain VolumeBooleans to crash.
- Added the MoveToEndOfDisk fileaction.
- Added the NumberBetween volumeboolean.
- Added the FileSystemType volumeboolean.
- Added the FileLocation fileboolean.
- Added the Minimum() and Maximum() NUMBER operators.
- Added the RememberUnmovables setting.
- Added the Highlight.MyD example script.
- Added the SetColor "text" setting.