FreeFileSync is a free, open source folder comparison and synchronization application for Mac OS X. The application also runs on Windows and Linux. FreeFileSync provides you with a clean, easy to use and intuitive interface, which offers numerous features for synchronization purposes.
Key Features Include:
- Detect moved and renamed files and folders.
- Automate sync as a batch job.
- Detect conflicts and propagate deletions.
- Uses macros %time%, %date%, et al. for recurring backups.
- Optimal sync sequence prevents disc space bottlenecks.
- Access variable drive letters by volume name (USB sticks).
- Copy NTFS extended attributes (compressed, encrypted, sparse).
FreeFileSync also supports portable installation onto USB memory sticks or external hard drives.
Limit number of file versions by age and count.
Report not yet existing folders as warning instead of error.
Improved comparison speed for high-latency traversals.
Set up parallel file operations for versioning folder.
Early clean up to avoid hitting (S)FTP connection limits.
Support FTP servers with ANSI encoding.
Fixed folder drag and drop for modal dialogs.
Fixed progress graph glitch due to unsteady system clock.
Unbuffered folder lock file existence checking.
Fixed macOS Donation Ed. not recognized after rename.
Updated translation files.