Avira Free System Speedup is the one-click tune-up suite that accelerates your speed, deep cleans your PC, thereby freeing up storage space on your hard drive, and prolonging your PC’s battery life.
Avira Free System Speedup is broken down into 3 Feature sets:
Avira Free System Speedup will first of all analyze your system to ascertain if it requires cleaning and then optimizing. The 'Analyze' feature has a Process Manager, Disk Analyzer, Driver Monitor, and a Disk Doctor. Each of these tools when run, brings back a comprehensive image on the state of your system
Once all the data has been automatically gathered by the analytical processes, Avira System Speedup can "Clean' your PC by running a Registry Cleaner, Disk Wiper, Privacy Cleaner, Junk File Cleaner, File Shredder, and Uninstaller.
Finally, the 'Optimize' process comes into play. The System Optimizer, Service Manager, Startup Manager, File Encryption, and Speedup Scheduler all run in cooperation with Avira System Speedup's Smart Defragmenter
Overall, Avira Free System Speedup is a comprehensive system cleaning tool that has stacks of features and provides you with lots of data regarding your PC. The user interface is easy to navigate and it has a fresh, modern look to it. The scanning tools is strong and penetrates deeply into the recesses of your PC to root out the data it needs. Because of this it leaves quite a large footprint upon use.
* The scores are now updated in the background.
* An initial scan will be performed right after the first installation.
* Additional scan locations are now supported (Previous Deep Scan correlates to all drives and Winapp2 enabled).
* The license state for trials and expired full versions are displayed now in the title bar.
* The license activation dialog has been improved.
* The "second" junk cleaner in the tool Disk Analyzer is no longer supported (Checkbox "Scan junk files when analyzing the disk").
* The Boot Optimizer now displays the services with their display names instead of internal names.
* A scan is started as soon as the User Interface has been opened to update the scores.
* To improve the scan time, Smart Accelerators have been implemented for junk files. (Initial full scans are further required).
* Reworked the scan options: Independent switches for quick/full scan mode and using winapp2 definitions.
* Speedup reacts faster and behaves much smoother.
* The memory and processor usage has been extremely decreased.
* The Boot Optimizer resolves restored boot- and startup entries.
* The Boot Optimizer now supports deactivated msconfig startup entries.
* The Registry Scanners scans 4-10 times faster.
* The quick settings for the 'Scan' has been improved.
* The 'Device Optimizer' settings has been improved.
* Several 'Device Optimizer' settings are also available under Advanced Settings.
* Improvement of several “additional localizations”.
* Speedup now keeps OpenOffice settings.
* The Junk scanner takes now compressed files into consideration when calculating space to save.
* The activation via proxy has been improved.
* Does no longer reset the default web browser.
* The Updater perceives the main window (Chinese version).
* The Boot Optimizer manages the services startup type in a correct way.
* Improved rule processing.
* Supports Trend EEP11.
* Speedup now contains all product translations.
* Supports “ExcludeKey” instructions from Winapp2.ini.
* Exclusions are used correctly.
* Microsoft Edge favorites will be no longer deleted.
* Improved scores updating on user interface startup.
* The user interface hangs no longer when a scheduled scan is running.
* Scheduled tasks are no longer executed in a row.
* "Quick scan mode setting" are no longer ignored.