Angry IP Scanner for Mac is a network scanner that has been designed to be fast and simple to use. It scans IP addresses and ports and is cross-platform and Open Source.
Angry IP Scanner for Mac can scan IP addresses in any range as well as any their ports. It is lightweight and doesn't require any installation. The application simply pings each IP address to check if it’s alive, then optionally it resolves its host name, determines the MAC address, and scans ports. Plugin support also allows for the amount of gathered data about each host to be extended.
Key supported features include:
- NetBIOS information.
- Favorite IP address ranges.
- Web server detection.
- Customizable openers.
In order to increase scanning speed, the application uses a multi-threaded approach: a separate scanning thread is created for each scanned IP address. Scanning results can be saved to CSV, TXT, XML or IP-Port list files.
* HiDPI/retina display support for Windows and Linux.
* Flatter icons.
* Select fetchers added to columns menu for easier discoverability.
* Show scanning progress in the system taskbar (no Linux support due to SWT).
* Details window size is really persisted now.
* Mac vendors updated and are no longer cut to 8 characters.
* Smaller bugfixes.
* Java 6 support dropped due to SWT update.