WinToUSB is a simple, lightweight application that allows you to install and run a Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive as the source of installation.
WinToUSB supports creating a bootable WinPE USB drive, and it can help you transfer the contents of WinPE to a USB drive and make the drive bootable.
Key features include:
- Easy-to-use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for creating a Windows To Go USB drive.
- Creation of Windows To Go from an ISO image file or CD/DVD drive.
- Clone an existing Windows OS (Windows 7 or later) to a USB Drive as a Windows To Go Workspace.
- Use of a Non-Enterprise Edition of Windows 10/8.1/8/7 to create Windows To Go Workspace.
- Creation of Windows To Go on Non-Certified Windows To Go USB Drive.
- Support for creating VHD-based/VHDX-based Windows To Go Workspace.
Please note: Windows 7/2008 R2 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows 7/2008 R2 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port. Windows 7/2008 R2 is not completely portable. You may have activation and driver problems when booting on different computers. You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the WinToUSB on.
Support for the latest version of Windows 10 (Windows 10 1809).
Fixed bug: Failed to clone Windows in some cases.
Fixed bug: Failed to install Windows 8/2012 in some cases.
Fix other minor bugs.