There are numerous virtual environment provides on the market today, some put ease of use above functionality, other place integration above stability. VMware Workstation Pro is the easiest to use, the fastest and the most reliable app when it comes to evaluating a new OS, or new software apps and patches, in an isolated and safe virtualized environment.
Key Features include:
- Powerful 3D Graphics - DirectX 10* and OpenGL 3.3 support.
- VMware Compatibility - Create one; Run anywhere on VMware software.
- vSphere and vCloud Air Support - Drag and drop VMs between environments.
- Restricted and Encrypted VMs - Protection and performance enhancements.
- Expiring Virtual Machines - Time-limited virtual machines.
- Latest Hardware Support - Broadwell and Haswell CPU support.
- Enterprise Quality Virtual Machines - 16 vCPUs, 8TB virtual disks, and 64GB memory.
- Enhanced IPv6 Support - IPv6-to-IPv4 NAT (6to4 and 4to6).
- Virtual Machine Video Memory - Up to 2GB.
- Enhanced Connectivity - USB 3.0, Bluetooth, HD audio, printers, and Skype support.
- High Resolution Displays - 4K UHD and QHD+ support.
VMware Workstation Pro is a perfect choice for those of you who are a little skeptical about making the leap over to Windows 10. By utilizing an app like this, you'll get to try out all of Windows 10's new features in a safe sandboxed environment, without the need to install the OS natively. VMware Workstation Pro doesn't just support Microsofts OS, you can also install Linux VMs, including Ubuntu, Red Hat, Fedora, and lots of other distributions as well.
Overall, Workstation Pro offers high performance, strong reliability, and cutting edge features that make it stand out from the crowd. The full version is a little pricey, but you do get what you pay for.
VMware Workstation Pro does not automatically detect the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) ISO when creating a new Windows 10 Fall Creators Update virtual machine.
In a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) virtual machine, using Microsoft Office to save modified files to a VMware shared folder can fail.
After you upgrade to VMware Workstation 14.0 Pro, the virtual machine console displays a black screen.
A Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) virtual machine might display a black screen after you exit Unity or multimonitor mode with multiple displays connected.
VMware Workstation Pro fails to be launched on a Linux host with post-4.13 kernel.
VMware Workstation Pro fails to launch on an openSUSE Leap 42.2 host.
Virtual machines might crash after you upgrade to VMware Workstation 14 Pro on a host with an AMD graphics processing unit.
When you propagate permissions from a virtual machine folder, you cannot access a remote virtual machine.