Task Scheduler Managed Wrapper provides a single assembly wrapper for the 1.0 and 2.0 versions of Microsoft's Task Scheduler. Task Scheduler is located in all Microsoft operating systems post Windows 98. This tool simplifies the coding, aggregates the multiple versions and allows for localization support.
Main library core features include:
- Separate, functionally identical, libraries for .NET 2.0 and 4.0.
- Helps to create and view tasks up and down stream.
- Written in C# and works with any .NET language including scripting languages.
- Supports almost all V2 native properties, even under V1 systems.
- Supports ‘custom’ triggers under Win8 and later.
- Supports task validation for targeted version.
- Supports secure task reading and maintenance.
- Supports all action types on V1 systems.
- Supports multiple actions on V1 systems.
- Supports serialization to XML for both 1.0 and 2.0 tasks.
Task Scheduler Managed Wrapper also houses a second library (UI library) which includes localized GUI editors and a wizard for tasks that mimic tasks found in Vista and later. It also adds optional pages for new properties.
UI library controls:
- DropDownCheckList control.
- FullDateTimePicker control.
- Action editor dialog.
- Trigger editor dialog.
- Task editor dialog and tabbed control.
- Task / task folder selection dialog.
- Event viewer dialog.
- Task history viewer.
- Task run-times viewer.
- Task creation wizard.
- Task service connection dialog.
- COM Handler Project Template.
Added back-door for setting Priority as the raw int value.
Fixed null handling for V1 task enumeration.
Corrected Task.Run to only accept lines less then 260 chars.
Updated test and mockup projects.