Java Runtime Environment 220.127.116.11
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
# Contains Olson time zone data version 2013d.
# This update release contains several enhancements and changes including the following:
* Java Mission Control (JMC)
- Java Mission Control (JMC) is a commercial feature available for java users with a commercial License. Includes the first release of Java Mission Control (JMC) that is bundled with the Hotspot JVM.
- Includes JavaFX
* New Features and Changes
- Retina Display support on Mac OS X
- Deployment Rule Set
- Option to disable the "JRE out of date" warning
- New Security Warnings for Unsigned and Self-Signed Applications
- Local Applets return NULL for DocumentBase
- JAXP Security Improvements
- Default x.509 Certificates Have Longer Key Length
# Bug Fixes
- Aborting the update after clicking "Update" on the "Java is insecure" warning message forwards all applets to java.com/download.
- Expired (but otherwise valid) certificate are not blocked at VeryHigh Security Level.