Veusz is a GUI scientific plotting and graphing package. It is designed to produce publication-ready Postscript or PDF output. SVG, EMF and bitmap export formats are also supported. The program runs under Unix/Linux, Windows or Mac OS X, and binaries are provided. Data can be read from text, CSV, HDF5 or FITS files. Additionally you can also enter, manipulate or examine data from within the application.
In Veusz plots are created by building up plotting widgets with a consistent object-based interface. The program also provides a command line and scripting interface (based on Python) to its plotting facilities. It can also act as a Python plotting module.
Veusz is written in Python. Its user interface uses PyQt and Numpy is used to manipulate data .
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Plotting features: X-Y plots (with errorbars, colours and sizes) Line and function plots Contour plots Images (with colour mappings and colorbars) Stepped plots (for histograms) Bar graphs Vector field plots Box plots Polar plots Ternary plots Plotting dates Fitting functions to data Stacked plots and arrays of plots Nested plots Plot keys Plot labels Shapes and arrows on plots LaTeX-like formatting for text Multiple axes Axes with steps in axis scale (broken axes) Axes scales using functional forms, optionally linked to another axis Plotting functions of datasets.
- Input and output: EPS/PDF/PNG/SVG/EMF export Dataset creation/manipulation Embed Veusz within other programs Text, CSV, HDF5, FITS, NPY/NPZ, QDP, binary and user-plugin importing Data can be captured from external sources Extending: Use as a Python 2/3 module User defined functions, constants and can import external Python functions Plugin interface to allow user to write or load code to import data using new formats make new datasets, optionally linked to existing datasets arbitrarily manipulate the document Scripting interface Control with DBUS and SAMP.
# Changes :
* Enable compression in exported files (Benjamin K. Stuhl)
* Fix saving histogram datasets
* Add option to "thin" error bars plotted
* Fix label colour in contour labelling
* Remove use of deprecated Qt functions
* Fix clone widget tools plugin
* Fix EPS/PDF crash with broken axis widget
* Do not crash filter plugin if using date datatype
* Avoid crashes in normalise, subtract minimum and divide maximum plugins
* Avoid crash in image widget
* Avoid issue in identifying spacing in 1D->2D conversion
* Add Gnuplot 2D data import plugin (Joerg Meyer)
* When loading data from import plugins, provide default values
* Remove some deprecated Qt uses
* Fix issue when plotting non-plain datasets with nan values