WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Generated session URL for opened FTP/WebDAV session over TLS/SSL with invalid certificate includes its fingerprint.
Generated session URL has colons in TLS/SSL fingerprint unnecessarily URL-encoded.
Bug fix: It is not possible to delete symlink pointing to a directory with “Follow symbolic links to directories” session settings being on.
Bug fix: Scripting command ln does silently nothing when the server does not support creating symlinks, instead of reporting that.
Bug fix: Error when downloading file to a temporary filename with a long path with SFTP protocol.
Bug fix: Keywords that link to help page are underlined in generated code on Windows 10 version 1803.
Bug fix: Start of file drag from remote panel stalls on some systems with floppy drive.
Bug fix: Path argument in lcd command in generated script has to end with backslash, if it points to a root folder.
Kabyle translation removed.