Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a free BitTorrent client, which is used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol. The application is written in Java and uses the Azureus Engine.
Vuze offers multiple torrent downloads, queuing/priority systems (on torrents and files), start/stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents.
In addition to BitTorrenting, Vuze allows you to view, publish and share original DVD and HD quality video content. You can see content through channels and categories containing TV shows, music videos, movies, video games and others.
If you publish your own original content via the Vuze platform, you are able to charge for it.
Please be advised: You must have Java installed to be able to run Vuze.
* Core | Option to auto-start Vuze on login on Windows and OSX
* Core | Option to close Vuze when downloads/seeding complete
* Core | Sources details view and tracking enhancements
* Core | Option to automatically set upload slots and connections limits based on measured line speed
* Core | Added support for fast-allowed pieces
* Core | Extract downloaded values if returned by tracker
* Plug | Added auto-authorisation default to pairing enabled web plugins
* Core | Windows - added JVM max/min memory configuration to the options
* Core | Added support for webseeds in magnet links
* Core | Added support for less-verbose auto-full-update
* Core | Completed the 'pairing' feature
* UI | Added Pairing dialog
* Core | Added local network interfaces to pairing details
* Core | Drop the half-open TCP socket limits for Vista SP2+ and Windows 7
* Core | Modify connection timeouts if sufficient peers available
* Core | Ignore HTTP seeds if we're seeding
* Core | Vary min requests when starting up
* Core | Changed metasearch default to auto=true
* Core | Default save directory for new installs switched from 'Azureus Downloads' to 'Vuze Downloads'
* Core | Auto-enable the 'connections per torrent when seeding' default and set to half the normal number of connections
* Core | When force-closing Vuze delete any outstanding updates to prevent them being applied
* Plug | Make WebPlugin configuration parameters amendable without requiring a Vuze restart
* UI | Added arrows to swarm view and differentiate unchokes/fast requests
* UI | Moved slideys that were System Notifications to statusbar
* Core | Fix remembering of auto-speed settings on restart
* Core | Fix initial storing of search engine rank bias
* Core | Fix LT Peer-Exchange bug
* Core | Remove HTTP seeds when stopping download
* UIvz | Fix list view modes (menu and button display) being grayed out when toolbar is in "No Text" mode
* UI | Remove cached peers from swarm view on data source change
* UI | When upgrading SWT, dialog box now shows correct platform (Cocoa, Carbon)