Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a free BitTorrent client, which is used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol. The application is written in Java and uses the Azureus Engine.
Vuze offers multiple torrent downloads, queuing/priority systems (on torrents and files), start/stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents.
In addition to BitTorrenting, Vuze allows you to view, publish and share original DVD and HD quality video content. You can see content through channels and categories containing TV shows, music videos, movies, video games and others.
If you publish your own original content via the Vuze platform, you are able to charge for it.
Please be advised: You must have Java installed to be able to run Vuze.
# New Features:
* Plug | Swarm Discoveries
* Plug | The RSS Feed plugin now can filter on min+max file types and also has a 'copy-filter' function
* Core | Reduced resource usage mode on startup - still in a beta state
* Core | 'Prevent Computer Sleep' options now available on OSX
* Core | Added options to streaming and transcoding to prevent computer sleep
* Core | Auto-preview for .nfo and .txt files (Quick View) option added to Library and Files view
* Core | Analysis of .rar file content (indication of password protected entries) added as a Quick View function
* UI | Added 'edit as text' option to the tracker URL editor dialog
* UI | Added right-click menu to Sources tab to allow tracker URL edits
* UI | Extended the existing 'add tracker url' Library menu option to accept multiple trackers
* UI | Custom date format now applicable to ETA colums
* UI | Added 'Torrent Creation Date' column to Library views
* UI | Added per-column date formats for the ETA columns
* UI | Added aggregate stats view (e.g. aggregate share-ratio for a number of downloads) to the 'Torrent Options' view
* UI | Added plugin install and uninstall buttons to the plugin configuration view
* Core | The previous release disabled IPFilters for Vuze update torrents, this has been reverted
* UI | Plugin views now listed in View menu
* 64 bit support
* UI | Absolute ETA display now separately configurable for ETA and Progress column
* UI | Ignore temporary 'incomplete' suffix when showing file types
* UI | Updated Catalan translation
# Corrected bugs:
* Core | Fixed bug whereby some transcodes were being incorrectly failed as 'prematurely terminated'
* Core | Fixed race condition that occurred when auto-transcoding from an RSS feed
* Core | Fixed error when creating manually-selected piece size torrents
* UI | Fix CTRL-PGDN/CTRL-END in Library
* UI | Fix sidebar entries for categories not updating numbers
* UI | Fix sort column not refreshing sometimes
* UI | Added some double buffering to fields that were flickering on update
* UI | Fixed UI hang under some multi-select conditions
* Plug | Transcoding was sometimes reporting 'no disk space' errors instead of the actual error