The GIMP 32-bit 2.10.2
It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.
- Full suite of painting tools including brushes, a pencil, an airbrush, cloning, etc.
- Tile-based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high-quality anti-aliasing
- Full Alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- A procedural database for calling internal GIMP functions from external programs, such as Script-Fu
- Advanced scripting capabilities
- Multiple undo/redo (limited only by disk space)
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip
- File formats supported include GIF, JPEG, PNG, XPM, TIFF, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP and many others
- Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy, bezier and intelligent
- Plug-ins that allow for the easy addition of new file formats and new effect filters
Discard fonts which fail to load and popup an info dialog to allow people debug their fonts.
New API to suppress updates in UI until plug-ins are done introducing changes.
New API to calculate histograms in separate threads, with possible further extension to handle similar cases elsewhere in GIMP.
Tool options are now properly saved and reloaded per-device at startup.
New plug-in for importing and exporting HEIF images.
Enable visibility of rasterized vector layer from PSD.
Single-window screenshots in Windows fixed to correctly snap a window even when it is partly off-screen or covered by another window or when display scaling is not set to 100%.
New Spherize filter to wrap an image around a spherical cap.
New Recursive Transform filter to create Droste effect.
Warn users, when alpha-only painting has no effect. E.g. when target drawable doesn't have an alpha channel, or the alpha channel is locked.
Make the splash texts dynamic, so they are larger on larger splashes.
Mention pressing Enter to complete Foreground selection in the status bar.
Make sure that clicking outside any selection prevents Rectangle Select and Ellipse Select tools from creating empty selections.
Improve mouse wheel zooming behavior to keep the same point centered under the pointer even if the image is completely visible in the canvas.
Add "View -> Center Image in Window" (Shift+J) as a quick way to center the image at any zoom level.
Updated translations: Catalan, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian.
New translation of Windows installer: Chinese (Taiwan).
Add a --with-bug-report-url configure option allowing packagers to set the address of their own bug tracker. This address will be the one opened by the debug dialog for reporting bugs.
Add a flatpak manifest for the gtk3-port branch.
Remove the possibility to disable script-fu.
Add a --with-icc-directory configure option to customize the color profile directory. By default, it is set to the common path /usr/share/color/icc.
Updating the description of the XCF format "devel-docs/xcf.txt", for third-party readers wishing to support GIMP 2.10 XCF files.
Add documentation skeletons for all enums in libgimpbase/, there is much room for improvement.