Microsoft Silverlight is a programmable web browser plugin that enables features such as animation, vector graphics and audio-video playback so you can experience rich Internet applications.
Silverlight offers a flexible programming model that supports AJAX, VB, C#, Python, and Ruby, and integrates with existing Web applications.
It supports fast, cost-effective delivery of high-quality video to all major browsers running on the Mac OS or Windows.
- Improves the native extensibility of media stream source that uses the Silverlight technology and the Expression Encoder.
- Enables new Add Row functionality in the Silverlight DataGrid control.
- Enables you to increase the isolated storage size through registry keys or Group Policy settings.
- Improves the startup performance of applications on a computer that enables the Silverlight technology.
- Adds the mouse wheel support for out of browser applications on a computer that is running a Mac operating system.
- Resolves a security issue. Playback of PlayReady-protected content through a remote desktop connection or a terminal session is now disabled.
- Fixed various memory leaks including:
> Memory leaks that occur when mouse capture is used. For example, memory leaks that occur when you use CaptureMouse() in drag-and-drop scenarios.
> Memory leaks that occur when UserControl cannot be garbage-collected because it contains inline data template.