Shareaza is a peer-to-peer client for Windows that allows you to download any file-type found on several popular P2P networks.
Shareaza is the most luxurious and sophisticated file sharing system you'll find. It can harness the power of up to four separate peer-to-peer (P2P) networks, including EDonkey2000, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Shareaza's native network, Gnutella2 (G2).
Not only that, but Shareaza is completely FREE and won't show any annoying ads or pop-ups. It won't install any unwanted third party programs that can wreak havoc with your computer. No spyware, no registration, no "paid version". Just download and use. Simple.
What you get with Shareaza:
- Phenomenal Multi-Network Support - You can download/upload from these networks: EDonkey2000, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Gnutella2 (G2).
- Shareaza Introduces "Collections" - Collections group previews of album covers, descriptions, and song lists all in one complete package. Once you've discovered the collection, just click the file list to download.
- Kick-ass Interface with loads of features - This P2P client has a lot to offer and you reap all the benefits. With Shareaza's well designed interface you can do a lot more than all the other clients out there.
- Fixed BitTorrent-magnet download start.
- Optimized UPnP code (removed from connection wizard, fixed "zero port" bug).
- More robust control of UPnP devices.
- Fixed "16.0 EB" source downloads when size is unknown yet.
- Enabled adding torrent-file as source to any download. Fixed freezed name of BitTorrent-magnet download.
- Fixed G2 KHL packet crash.
- Refactored chat code (removed/renamed chat window classes, fixed connection bugs, updated translations and skins).
- Fixed broken Gnutella 1 chat.
- Added CAPTCHA support for ED2K chat.
- Fixed Gnutella 1 query hit packets: now LimeWire compatible, all available hashes transmitted, large file supported (64-bit size), added alternate sources.
- Fixed host browsing fail due disabled protocol.
- Fixed upload without specified "Range:" header (for G1).
- Improved query hit and query search anti-spam protection.
- Fixed false positive XML errors of some G1 queries.
- Optimized schema types handling.
- Added protection against "future" hosts.
- Added experimental support for Gnutella 1 multicast searches (to use it set Shareaza port to 6347), creation time, meta, LimeWire-compatible hash and "Whats New" searches. Removed "Gnutella1.StrictPackets", added "Gnutella1.MCastPingRate" and "Gnutella1.QueryGlobalThrottle" options.
- Improved compatibility of Gnutella 1 uploads.
- Optimized query hit metadata handling, G1 packet HUGE and XML parts parsing and removed unused code from QHT. Not sure but probably we used wrong G1 query MinSpeed-flag byte-ordering (so we had no XML in results from LimeWire-compatible clients)...
- Improved own IP detection after change for example after connection loss.
- Added '$' symbol to be also encoded in URLs.
- Added new option "Connection.ZLibCompressionLevel" to tune compression level (default: 6; 0 - no compression; 9 - maximum and slowest) used in connections. Added checks for decompression errors.
- Tuned download starvation option (to starve a bit earlier).
- Fix against acquiring 255.255.255.255 as own address.
- Fixed priority host expiration.
- Updated web-caches list.
- Fixed slow initial connection to networks.
* DC++ support
- Fixed DC++ file list XML format.
- Fixed DC++ magnet-link parsing.
- Implemented TigerTree hash support for DC++.
- Fixed DC++ downloading of small files (< 64KB).
- Added support for any level of TigerTree for DC++ clients.
- Removed "dcfile:" but fully implemented "dchub:" URL instead.
- Fixed user/leaf counter of DC++ neighbors.
- Massive update for DC++.
- Added DC++ $RevConnectToMe command.
- Changed detection of firewalled state for DC++.
- Reduced connection speed for DC++ hubs.
- Fixed passive $SR answers.
- Fix for unexpected big DC++ TigerTree.
- Added experimental $Get/$Send commands.
- Fixed download queues.
- Fixed DC++ TTH uploads.
- Fixed DC++ incoming connection handshake.
- Added error message about dropped DC++ client connection.
- Added DC++ passive searches
- Fixed DC++ hub selection for connecting client.
* Crash fixes
- Fixed strange crash in Control Point UPnP code.
- Some workaround for Schema cache unknown crash.
- Added protection against crashes during metadata extraction.
* Internal and functional changes
- Album Wizard code refactoring (added BitTorrent metadata template variable).
- submitting ailurophobe's miss cache code and OldDeaths IP filter optimization code for further testing and review
- small patch by siavoshkc to improve bandwidth monitor performance
- Fixes for broken functionality of Security window, fixed some bugs and more optimizations for r8920.
- Fixed Security rules memory leak.
- Security fix - removed user avatar file path from G2 profile packet.
- Fixed extra security check #140
- Added Library load process benchmarking in Debug builds.
- Removed UPnP message loop if no need.
- Added new interface to notify all windows, plugins (using ILibraryPlugin) and version checker about new file in library.
- Renamed CShareazaFile::IsHashed() to HasHash() to differ from CLibraryFile::IsHashed().
- Fixed recent file verification when history limit set too low.
- Fixed CR-LF in chat window.
- Another fix for CRLf in chat windows
- Fixed unknown datagram dump.
- Implemented multi-file merging with download, file merge offset for torrent download now calculated by file size also.
- Fixed Shareaza media player "next file" bug.
- Enabled link handling when Shareaza was launched in higher security level than Explorer.
- CTransfer/CDownloadTransfer/CUploadTransfer classes code refactoring.
- Fixed sometimes acquired 0.0.0.0 own IP address due too early UPnP operation.
- Fixed DC++ chat memory leak (when hub connection dropped during user list fetching).
- Fixed unhandled file errors of Hash Database.
- Isolated WSACleanup crash.
- HashLib version bumped.
- Updated GFL 2.90 to 3.40.
- Updated 7ZipBuilder plugin's Z-Zip library to 9.22. Added 64-bit version.
- Updated RARBuilder plugin's UnRAR library to 22.214.171.124.
* Graphical / GUI changes
- Implemented BitTorrent-magnet link creation in download "Copy URI" dialog.
- Added DC++ upload queue interface elements, added "DC++ Guard" queue.
- Fixed toolbar updates.
- Compressed Flags.png and Splash.png
- Updated emoticons (eMule-compatible).
- Updated chat window skinning.
- Fixed forgotten tip string.
- Added IP on status bar.
- Fixed DC++ neighbors tip.
- Fixed "infinite percent" of download completion when no download size known yet.
- Fixed download queue label when queue size is unknown.
- Added "Create .torrent File" item to Library folder tree menu.
- Updated BitTorrent icon in Library folder tree menu.
- Added user list (not fully functional yet) to chat window.
- Optimize GUI performance.
- Improved Library tree tips: added "Free:" (disk space) to Folders tips, "Total Files:" and "Total Volume:" to Organizer, fixed too long to fit localized texts.
- DC++ chat window improvements.
- Optimized project images.
- Added more filters to packet window (DC++, BitTorrent and TCP/UDP).
- Fixed painting and skinning of Discovery and Search Monitor windows.
- Fixed stuck selection after deleted items in Discovery and Host Cache windows.
- Fixed Neighbours window tips (in handshaking state ones).
- Updated SkinTranslate utility.
- Updated HashTest utility (added HashWord function tests).
- Updated HashTest utility (more stable tests).
- TorentWizard: Added new option "-comment". Added web-help button on every page. Improved auto-mode ("-sourcefile" option now can point to folder to create torrent package). Updated application icon.
- Changed way how VS2010 project builds.
- Changed way how VS2008 project builds.
- Added scripts to pack symbols and source tree using 7-Zip.
* Updated languages:
- German/Deutsch - massive update to the program translation and to 2/3 of the schema files - OldDeath, sebastian1996
- Russian - Ryo-oh-ki
- Spanish - acerswap
* Web interface
- css optimizations
- eliminating layout table, normalizing font sizes
- restored some old formatting to about page (without tables this time)
- now validates as xhtml 1.0 strict