Scribus is a free DTP app, which gives you a useful variety of tools with which you can complete all manner of various projects. It comes packed with preloaded templates or you can create your own document from scratch.
The template options are varied and professional looking. Whether you're creating brochures, business cards, newsletters, PDF presentations or posters, you have several templates to choose from.
The interface is easy to get to grips with; simply choose a template and start working. All the main tools that you will need are efficiently arranged across the top of the doc window. There are some measurement markings on all sides of the window that enable you to check your formatting and alignment with a quick glance.
The app also comes with a lot of support options to help you get the best results from your work. There is an enthusiastic and friendly community around Scribus that assists beginner and pro alike, via the mailing list, IRC channel, wiki, contracted support, and the bug-tracker.
Overall, Scribus gives you a fluid and efficient way to create all kinds of documents. It supports professional features, such as CMYK color, spot color, separations, ICC color and robust commercial grade PDF.
# Most Important Changes
* Scribus is now being shipped with the most recent version of Barcode Writer in Pure PostScript.
* Updates to the Scripter that enable more control on PDF export. There is also a new command in Scripter, applyMasterPage(), which allows you to apply an existing Master Page.
* Updates to the Resene color palettes, including, for the first time, The Resene Total Colour System (TCS) Master Palette.
* Many translation updates and improvements.
* Usability improvements.
* Better application icons.
* New templates.