Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Usability improvements in Sandboxie components
- Sandboxie Start menu loads more quickly; programs installed into the sandbox appear in a separate group in the menu.
- Shortcut links to programs in the sandbox are created with the proper icon and description.
- Fixed "Recovery to Any Folder" to behave the same way in the Quick Recovery window and in the Files and Folders View.
- New "cut to clipboard" feature in the Quick Recovery window and in the Files and Folders View.
- New "User Accounts" feature in Sandbox Settings can restrict use of the sandbox to specific user accounts.
* Improvements for programs running under the control of Sandboxie
- Programs can re-establish a connection to a disconnected network share.
- Programs can be allowed to set up exceptions in the firewall (see Sandbox Settings > Restrictions > Hardware Access).
- Fixed a problem which caused Outlook under Sandboxie to lock up when accessing a digital certificate.
- Fixed an issue where Adobe Acrobat Reader would occasionally asked to check for updates.
* Improved compatibility with other software
- Security software: COMODO Internet Security, Dr.Web Security Space, G Data Internet Security suite, Kaspersky, Microsoft Security Essentials,
- Browser utilities: AdFender, Folder Size, Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer, Logitech Scroll App, Nitro PDF v6 and v7, Sticky Password.
- Windows XP: Fixed a conflict with update KB2633171 which caused error message SBIE2304 to appear in some systems.