Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Macedonian translation contributed.
# New Features:
* Full support for Windows 7.
* Improved support for User Account Control (UAC) elevation: Elevation requests are handled by the Sandboxie Start.exe program. (Windows Vista/7. Elevation from a standard user account is not supported at this time.)
* Improved support for WinSxS assemblies eliminates error 14001 for sandboxed programs, and makes it possible to install a wider range of software.
* Configuration Protection: Sandboxie configuration can be locked for Administrator-only access or with a password.
* A new "Run As UAC Administrator" option appears in the Run Any Program window and the right-click Run Sandboxed sandbox selection window. (Windows Vista/7.)
* Sandbox folders are created with a Sandboxie icon.
* Tightened protection to prevent actions by malicious programs such as closing windows outside the sandbox, changing the password for the logged-on user account, changing system parameters or colors, or initiating logoff sequence.
* SandboxieCrypto service takes only a few seconds to start, rather than a few minutes. (Windows Vista/7.)
* Alleviate need for all programs in the sandbox to run as Administrator when installing new software, thus permitting software to be installed directly from the browser, for example. (Typically applies to Windows Vista/7.)
* Color border appears even when the taskbar is hidden.
* Sandboxed progams have improved handling for arrival/removal of new drive letters.
* Improved support for sandboxed programs writing files into directory junctions and volume mount points.
* Improved access to hardware devices by sandboxed programs.
* Sandboxie AutoPlay cancellation when CD/DVD drives are forced honors the Disable Forced Programs mode.
* Fixed a problem when Sandboxie is installed to a folder with non-English characters in its name.
* Changed default delete sandbox command for Eraserl secure delete:
Use -method DoD_E -resultsonerror rather than -method Gutmann -results.
* For a full list of changes, see topics and discussion in the Sandboxie Beta Version 3.39 forum.
# Third-party software:
* Improved compatibility with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, Norton Internet Security 2010 and ZoneAlarm Security Suite 9.
* Improved interoperability of Microsoft Outlook under Sandboxie and Windows Desktop Search outside Sandboxie.
* Improved support with some download manager software.