PowerArchiver offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
Here is a brief list of some of the key features found in PowerArchiver:
- Preview Window
- Full Windows Vista Support
- Superior ZIP Support
- 7-Zip Compression
- Multiple Formats Support Including ISO
- New Queue System (Add/Extract/Backup) and PowerArchiver Starter
- Unmatched Security
- Automated Backups
- Guaranteed Compatibility and Explorer Integration
- Compression Profiles
- Useful Tools
Brand new ZIP Engine
* Multicore deflate zip engine, almost 4x faster than single core systems on quad core computers.
* Improved speed of zip compression and extraction on any occassion.
* Support for LZMA, PPMd, BZIP2 and WAVPACK in ZIP, according to latest ZIP standards. Both write and read support, making PowerArchiver only application that supports Winzip 12 and earlier files, while providing faster and stronger compression (up to 4x) compared to WinZip 12.
* Full support for new .zipx extension for advanced compression methods.
* Multicore LZMA engine for ZIP.
* Support for Unicode in ZIP, both read and write. Implemented throughout application.
* Faster loading of archives with thousands of files.
* Full Windows 7 support with jump lists, taskbar progress and taskbar icon overlays. First archiver to do so.
* First application with new DirectSkin 6.0 engine that supports Windows 7 (32bit).
PA Shell Extensions 2.0
* Added Extract MRU shell extensions.
* Added Compress to MRU zip shell extensions.
* Added FTP profiles in shell extensions, ftp directly to selected account via shell.
* Moved backup to standalone application for easier handling, faster load times.
* You can add multiple folders in backup filelist.
* Considerably faster zip backup when handling 10,000+ files.
* Better info on files/folders in file list (number/size).
* Fixed major issue with 7-Zip backups and larger number of files.
* RAR optimizations - up to 20% faster RAR extraction than before, including WinRar. Faster unrar engine on the market.
* Faster compression - "Preparing compression" stage up to 10x faster both in main PA and PA Backup for all compression formats.
* Interface improvements in Modern interface - faster and better looking.
* Interface improvements in Classic interface - more MRU's, more usable.
* New Add window in main Powerarchiver, most usable options are now shown on first screen.
* You can now select multiple folders in all folder selection windows (backup, tools, etc).
* Optimized 7-Zip's Optimized compression - Ultra and Max feature stronger compression now.
* Added New Folder and Network buttons in Add window, improved look of other icons.
* Unicode support for other formats that support unicode in rest of PowerArchiver interfaces.
* Added method property in file list and properties window.
* Better support for Enterprise installations.
* Many smaller improvements in Burner and FTP applications.
* Other smaller improvements throughout the rest of application.
* Fixed Bug #1000: No caption in burner taskbar under special conditions.
* Fixed Bug #987 : Doubleclick on file sometimes uses 100% cpu if preview is on.
* Fixed Bug #303 : Support for multiple selection in burner.
* Fixed Bug #958 : D&D inside of folder in archive does not save path properly.
* Fixed Bug #997 : Cant align toolbar properly when some windows are on (Preview, etc).
* Fixed Bug #969 : Various burner options shown in shell/starter even if Standard.
* Fixed Bug #970 : CRC error when not enough space on disk (rar).
* Fixed Bug #703 : Cancelling extraction of large files takes long time.