Mp3tag is a universal media tag editor. It is an easy to use app for conveniently editing tags in audio files such as the information about artist, album, title, and album art.
The app supports batch tag editing of ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments, and APE tags for multiple files simultaneously. Additionally, it supports Mp3tag queries from online databases such as Amazon, discogs, freedb and MusicBrainz, and can then auto update the tags (including cover art) in your music library.
Key features Include:
- Batch process ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APEv2 tags in multiple files.
- Support for album art.
- Import tags from online databases such as Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz.
- Support for Regular Expressions.
- Support for changing the formatting of file names and tags in uniform schemes.
- Automatically create playlists manage them playlists automatically while editing the tags.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV and create lists of your music library with custom templates.
- Full Unicode support.
With Mp3tag you can rename files based on the tags, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, import and export tags, create playlists and much more.
Overall Mp3tag is a smart little app that saves you stacks of time gathering tag information for your music library. It is lightweight and uses hardly any system resources.
That was quick! I've just released Mp3tag v2.93, which fixes issues wrt. MP4 tagging. Combined with the fixes from v2.92a, everyone is encouraged to update to this version.
FIX: MP4 field ITUNESMEDIATYPE was not read correctly (since v2.91a).
FIX: MP4 fields ITUNNORM and ITUNSMPB were not written correctly (since v2.91a).