MeGUI is a free and open source tool to process and convert your video and audio files. It brings all your ducks in a row to create efficient, state-of-the-art and high-quality formats that are supported by a very large number of today's media players. By providing a flexible job automation and management it helps you to clear your head for other tasks.
Main activities and features:
- Converts files for your iPod and all the other media players
- Processes high-quality HD-video/audio files or your DVD and Blue-Ray rips
- Automatizes all your conversion jobs
- Adds powerful filters to improve your results
- Speeds up your tasks by creating multiple threads for your multi-core CPU
Codecs and Formats:
- Creates ISO MPEG-4 and MKV files by using efficient and free codecs (Video: x264, XviD; Audio: AAC, AC-3 and many more)
- Supports MPEG-4 ASP (xvid), MPEG-4 AVC (x264), AAC, MP2, MP3, Flac, Vorbis and AC3 audio and various common containers such as MP4, MKV, AVI or M2TS
[AVS Script Creator] DirectShowSource/AVISource are disabled by default and have to be enabled in the MeGUI settings.
[File Indexer] added MPLS support.
[OneClick] added support for MKV attachments. If the MKV source does have such attachments, it will be copied to the target MKV.
[Xvid] added a workaround to be able to use Xvid in portable AviSynth mode.
[Update] added a first start-up question if the updater should be enabled or disabled (message will be shown also once to existing users) if disabled no downloads will be made without confirmation. therefore e.g. no information of new updates will be available.
[AVS Script Creator] fixed DirectShowSource/AVISource not available if the portable AviSynth is used (regression of 2761).
[AVS Script Creator] improved the file extension filters of the "video input" file open dialogue.
[Chapter] fixed non-ASCII handling (regression of 2753).
[L-SMASH Indexer] improved detection of LSMASH/LWLibav (regression of 2767).